HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection Official Thread 
Cyclops

Cyclops

Post Re: ZOE1 & 2 HD Collection Official Thread
I will get 3 HD collections, DMC HD and 2 ZOE HD (PS3 & Vita).

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
If you've got a rental place nearby, go with renting the GOW PSP collection. Chains of Olympus is decent (not on par with 1 and 3, though), but Ghost of Sparta is the second best game in the series (after 3). Renting them is all you need to do.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:17 am
Zakat

Zakat

Bandage131 wrote:
If you've got a rental place nearby, go with renting the GOW PSP collection. Chains of Olympus is decent (not on par with 1 and 3, though), but Ghost of Sparta is the second best game in the series (after 3). Renting them is all you need to do.

Well, I'd totally do that.
Only I don't know of any rental shop that rents games where I live.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Well, that sucks. If you can get it for under whatever is the Portuguese equivalent of USD$20, then go for it.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I wish Capcom would put out a Resident Evil collection. Resident Evil 1 on Gamecube already looks great, I'd love to see it with Resi 2 and, my personal favorite, Resi 3.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Bandage131 wrote:
Well, that sucks. If you can get it for under whatever is the Portuguese equivalent of USD$20, then go for it.

Well. It's still at 40€, if I'm correct, and it doesn't seem like they're lowering the price any soon.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

VicViper_Leo wrote:
I wish Capcom would put out a Resident Evil collection. Resident Evil 1 on Gamecube already looks great, I'd love to see it with Resi 2 and, my personal favorite, Resi 3.

RE4 and RECVX are on the Xbox Live Arcade and the PSN Store, and the PSN Store gets The Umbrella Chronicles and The Darkside Chronicles later this year, plus you can buy RE1 Director's Cut (PS1), RE2 Dual Shock (PS1) and RE3 (PS1) from the PS1 Classics section.

Now that I think of it, holy shit, the whole canon RE series will be on the PS3 once The Umbrella Chronicles is released (it has a section based on RE0).

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:08 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Ya know, I did not notice that but you are right! Plus, I was not aware about Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles coming to PS3. Still, I would love to play remade versions of the first three on PlayStation 3. If not that, then can we at least have a new Resi game that is not a straight third person shooter? What happened to originality? There are not a lot of horror games that did it like the old Resident Evil's did, even to this day. But, it seems like Dead Space has kicked Resi out of the horror genre.

In any case, I'll always have the first three games to play any time I want. I just wish the series would return to its roots. Same with Metal Gear, I liked Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker, but they were different from the older games. I'm not saying gaming shouldn't advance or make changes, but if companies are going to abandon what made originally made a series great, then why be bogged down by the continuity of that series; they should make an entirely new game! The problem is much worse in Resident Evil than in Metal Gear (at least MGS still has sneaking), but I'm very nervous for the future of both series.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Well, Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles are rail-shooters, so they're at least different from 4, 5 and probably 6. I've heard that Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS is more of a horror game than an action game.

And as far as the gameplay of Metal Gear changing, really only the shooting mechanics have changed. Putting your back to walls, using silenced weapons, the general mechanic of sneaking around - none of that has really changed. Now, when Rising comes out, all of that will be thrown out the fucking window and replaced with DMC-style hack-and-slashing, which fits a cyborg ninja version of Raiden, so I'm still trying to figure out why people keep bitching about it.

Well, back on the Resident Evil track, the closest thing to remade versions of the first three games you'll ever get is Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles. 2 gets a good run, while 1 and 3 are butchered, shortened, and in the case of 3, turned into Resident Evil Outbreak with the Nemesis running around the police station sounding like a goddamn robot. Not only that, but you only fight unarmed Nemesis, Rocket Launcher Nemesis, and Tentacle Nemesis. Four-Limbed, Bubble-on-the-Shoulder Nemesis that gets destroyed by the big laser cannon is nowhere to be seen.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:28 am
Metatron

Metatron

Link - Tweet

Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next