HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

E3 2014 
Leopardo

Leopardo

Post E3 2014
You guys have any games that you're following at E3 next week? Mainly, for me its just Metal Gear Solid V. I would be really into games like Mirror's Edge 2, but I have no plans to purchase a new system any time soon, and I haven't been following games closely enough to know if there is anything else good being shown.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 pm
Scanner

Scanner

Post Re: E3 2014
Currently it's Mortal Kombat X. I'm curious about the new characters and the story (I wonder if they put Skarlet after her debut in MK 2011).
+ a trailer about it:
http://youtu.be/Ci6lMQNLKZU

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:01 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

Looks impressive. I always wish I played more fighting games. Virtua Fighter 4 is the only one I own, and the only one I play regularly is Super Smash Bros Brawl (which I actually disliked until March of this year). Mortal Kombat is classic though, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:38 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
The list of games I'm looking forward to at E3...

*Mirror's Edge 2
*Star Wars Battlefront
*The Sims 4
*Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
*Hyrule Warriors
*Legend of Zelda WiiU
*Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
*Alien Isolation
*Sonic Boom
*Uncharted 4
*Assassin's Creed: Unity
*Batman: Arkham Knight
*Lego Batman 3
*Mortal Kombat X
*Dying Light

I thank Wikipedia for telling me that all the games I'm interested in are actually going to be at E3, aside from Final Fantasy XV. There's also a possibility of Resident Evil 7 to be at E3, and I hope it happens.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:37 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Has Resident Evil 7 been officially announced, or is it speculated to be in development? Fallout 4 is the same way, and I am really looking forward to seeing that one (if it comes out on a console I own).

You like Assassin's Creed a lot? I liked it through Brotherhood. I got Revelations, and I could not get into it. I didn't like how Desmond was trapped in the Animus for the story, so I had a hard time getting as attached as I did with Brotherhood. I thought I would love Constantinople as much as Rome, but the only notable thing about it, in my opinion, was the Hagia Sophia, and I really thought the rest of the city of messy and boring. I also thought the characters in the game were bland and uninteresting. I loved the formula from Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood, but something about the execution in Revelations left me wanting more. Needless to say, I did not finish it. I got Assassin's Creed III ready for a great experience, but I fell off that one, too. I wasn't really following Desmond's story much since Revelations, but I was hoping Connor would keep me hooked, but I felt overwhelmed and eventually stopped playing. I've completely skipped Assassins Creed IV.

This new one takes place during the French Revolution, right? I'm a history buff, so that sounds great. But, I'm worried about catching up with the story and gameplay. I think I'm going to wait for reviews to see how it turns out. Hopefully it's great!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:16 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
VicViper_Leo wrote:
Has Resident Evil 7 been officially announced, or is it speculated to be in development? Fallout 4 is the same way, and I am really looking forward to seeing that one (if it comes out on a console I own).

Pure speculation at this point. Somebody posted a "leak" somewhere online that mentioned Alice and Movie Wesker from the RE movies being in the Mercenaries mode, but other than that (which I'm pretty sure was proven false), not a peep.

VicViper_Leo wrote:
You like Assassin's Creed a lot? I liked it through Brotherhood. I got Revelations, and I could not get into it. I didn't like how Desmond was trapped in the Animus for the story, so I had a hard time getting as attached as I did with Brotherhood. I thought I would love Constantinople as much as Rome, but the only notable thing about it, in my opinion, was the Hagia Sophia, and I really thought the rest of the city of messy and boring. I also thought the characters in the game were bland and uninteresting. I loved the formula from Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood, but something about the execution in Revelations left me wanting more. Needless to say, I did not finish it. I got Assassin's Creed III ready for a great experience, but I fell off that one, too. I wasn't really following Desmond's story much since Revelations, but I was hoping Connor would keep me hooked, but I felt overwhelmed and eventually stopped playing. I've completely skipped Assassins Creed IV.

I liked AC1, because I liked Altair. I liked AC2, because there was a lot of shit to do. I liked Bloodlines (the PSP one), because it had Altair again (with an actual Middle Eastern accent!) I liked Brotherhood, because, while the setting wasn't really different, there was still a lot of shit to do. I got to Revelations, and I could. not. finish. it. I don't know why, I just couldn't. I've never played III, never played IV. I want to eventually get them, so that I can say I gave them a chance. Whether or not that'll happen... I can't say. I've always liked the series, but all that playing as Ezio (for some stupid fucking reason, the most fleshed out character in the AC universe) just wore me down. He should have been in AC2, then in Brotherhood, but Revelations should have had somebody else.

Now, the future storyline was pretty damn good. I kept holding out hope that, eventually, we'd get a totally future-set AC, where you got to free-roam around a modern-day city and climb buildings and all that. It would have been awesome, but, apparently, that'll never happen (and the closest we'll get is Watch_Dogs, which I would like to get some day).

VicViper_Leo wrote:
This new one takes place during the French Revolution, right? I'm a history buff, so that sounds great. But, I'm worried about catching up with the story and gameplay. I think I'm going to wait for reviews to see how it turns out. Hopefully it's great!

I'm pretty sure it does. I honestly can't remember.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:23 am