HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

So, is your body Reggie? 
Ardjet

Ardjet

Post So, is your body Reggie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vyUOdPXbE
so what do you think of the WiiU

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 am
Zakat

Zakat

Post Re: So, is your body Reggie?
Well, the Wii U has gone from a console I had absolutely no interest in to a console I want to try out. And I'll want that even more if it has the capability to play GC and Wii games. Good god, my body wasn't ready for this.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:06 am
Seeker

Seeker

CaveShinobi wrote:
Well, the Wii U has gone from a console I had absolutely no interest in to a console I want to try out. And I'll want that even more if it has the capability to play GC and Wii games. Good god, my body wasn't ready for this.

Agreed.
I will get the Wii U only if it plays bacl the GC and Wii games. Othervice it's not worth it for me, that's it. I might sick to the old good Wii if this doesn't work out the way I want. :T

"I've always wanted that thing called Tuna Sashimi!"
    - Zuntata - Darius II: Olga Breeze -

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:02 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Kassu wrote:
Agreed.
I will get the Wii U only if it plays bacl the GC and Wii games. Othervice it's not worth it for me, that's it. I might sick to the old good Wii if this doesn't work out the way I want. :T

If it ends up having retro-compatibility, I'll consider getting one, too. Been wanting to play a load of GC and Wii games, but my budget so far hasn't let me buy any of these. If I end up getting a Wii U in the future, well, might as well be three birds with one stone.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm
Leopardo

Leopardo

I wish Sony and Microsoft took from that example. We need more backwards compatibility.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:58 pm
Zakat

Zakat

VicViper_Leo wrote:
I wish Sony and Microsoft took from that example. We need more backwards compatibility.

You can't imagine the levels of sad I reached after popping a PS2 disk inside my PS3 and reading "LOL YOU AIN'T GONNA PLAY NO PS2 GAMES ON ME BEECH" on the screen. Yeah, I already knew that before buying but, well... I have a right to dream.

One of the saddest moments in my gaming history.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 am
Leopardo

Leopardo

CaveShinobi wrote:
VicViper_Leo wrote:

You can't imagine the levels of sad I reached after popping a PS2 disk inside my PS3 and reading "LOL YOU AIN'T GONNA PLAY NO PS2 GAMES ON ME BEECH" on the screen. Yeah, I already knew that before buying but, well... I have a right to dream.

One of the saddest moments in my gaming history.
Sony's problem is that they are backsliding on this front. The original PlayStation 3's had full compatibility. It's traditionally been good, you could even use PlayStation 1 controllers with the PlayStation 2 (playing The Warriors, multiplayer, with a half broken PS1 controller is a fond memory of mine).

Microsoft came out of the gate with a failing grade, by only allowing certain games to be backwards compatibly. Now, they just sell their older games on PSN and XBLA. (Half the fun of being a gamer was that you had to go track down those rare games, now it takes five minutes to buy them.)

Nintendo had it right, but then they came out with their DSi which removed their GBA slot. And that's stupid.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:24 pm
Zakat

Zakat

Yeah, that DSi deal was pretty damn stupid but, compared to the 360 and PS3, it's much more understandable. Reason - the DSi required a whole new port with its own parts and all that jazz. That would take up more space, requiring a complete overhaul of the insides.
The PS3, however, uses a player which is capable of reading CDs and DVDs, as well. Which means, no hardware changes would be required. And they already had the software required to emulate old games.

BUT NO. SONY HAD TO BE A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES AND REMOVE THE EMULATOR'S ABILITY TO READ FROM THE DISK.

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 am