HomeZone of the Enders DataZone of the Enders HD Edition / HD CollectionMARS + VR = M∀RSVisuals / Content GalleryZOE:TUS Message BoardsSitemapAbout ZOE:TUS
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

The Yans 
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post The Yans
I asked this question a long time ago on the GameFAQS ZOE forum, and well lets just say I wasn't impressed with the quality of the answers. So what is the deal with the Yans? Personally I think they're the product of a secret cloning program conducted by NUT as the main BAHRAM honchos don't seem to have any idea who they are, and more importantly they follow Radium in his unendorsed plan to wipe out humanity. Given what's hinted at in ZOE:FOM (ie the Mindflow System) maybe the Yan clones are even the early stages of AI mass-production for the orbital frames. Then again maybe I've been watching too much NG Evangelion.

Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Post Re: The Yans
I don't think they are cloned. The guy that kidnapped Noel had a family. Remember the picture?
And when he ran away from original Yan he shot himself in the head and the Yan face disappeared.
So i guess its just some kind of mask.

Maybe original Yan just really likes himself and wants everyone to look just like him ^^

Wed May 22, 2013 5:25 pm
Mosquito

Mosquito

Post Re: The Yans
That still doesn't really fit for me. I just get the impression there was meant to be some meaning in it that didn't survive the somewhat shoddy translation this series received. They being clones of the old man also doesn't preclude them having a history and so-called family background. Taking your SS analogy they could have been cloned in a significant number and then raised in a style reminiscient of the Hitler youth. the time it took them to mature would also explain why the old man is and old man.

Just think of Solid and Liquid Snake and the Les Enfante Terrible project. They still referred to each other as 'brother' even though they were clones.

Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm